Slide Show - Images (mostly) from The Illustrated History of Painting

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER FORMAT SLIDE SHOW

Monday, May 19, 2014

“there isn't enough of anything as long as we live. But at intervals a sweetness appears and, given a chance prevails."



“ –I was living my life in an unbecoming way. I thought I could change my life, that I’d have to change my life after I put the book down. But it was impossible – impossible to go out and become a different man, or live a different life. I think literature can make us aware of some of our lacks, some things in our lives that diminish us, and it can make us realize what it takes to be human, to be something larger than we really are, something better. I think literature can make us realize that our lives are not being lived to the fullest possible extent. But whether literature can actually change our lives I don’t know. I really don’t know. “ 

- Raymond Carver